Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Snow Skiing Boys

Well, this years annual ski trip to Lake Tahoe took an interesting turn on our way to the airport. I woke up that morning feeling a little queasy. I thought that yucky feeling would pass, but I ended up getting sick on the way to the airport (Sam was already a little under the weather too). Les was very conflicted and ready to pull out of the trip and turn home. However, Lucas was so excited to get on the airplane to go snow skiing and I didn't have the heart to break his little heart. The stubborn me insisted that Les, Lucas, Gene and Lonna continue while Sam and I stay back to get healthy once again. While I was very sad that I didn't make the trip (second time in a row due to illness), I was so happy I sent Les and Lucas. From what I hear, Lucas has become quit the little snow skier and is pretty impressive for just being 3 years old. Les would call me every single day to report how Lucas did on the slopes, it tickled me pink to hear how proud Les was of his little boy and future ski partner. This was technically Lucas' second year attempting skis and while he was slightly more apprehensive then before, he jumped right in and by the second day was on the actual ski lifts doing some greens. I'm so proud of my little boy and I can't wait to ski along side him next year. Since I was not actually on this trip taking millions of pictures, we don't have many. However, below are a few from the slopes. I have to say that Lucas is definitely the cutest skier I have ever seen. He wears the gear very well, ha ha! :)
So excited to get into his helmet and skis.
Daddy and Papa with their newest ski team member, Lucas. Seriously, could Lucas be any cuter in his ski gear?? :)
A ride on the magic carpet. Lucas talks about riding on the magic carpet everyday. :)
Daddy and Lucas hitting the slopes.
The ski crew: Gene, Michelle, Les and the cutest skier in the world, Lucas.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh Stacey, I'm so sorry you're missing all these vacations :( Praying that your family gets healthy quick & stays healthy!