Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Disney World Trip: Magic Kingdom, part 1

We actually did Magic Kingdom over about 3 days, so I'm going to split up the pictures according to the days (I took over 200 pictures). :) WOW and tons of fun is the best way I can personally describe Magic Kingdom. That place was truly magical and my favorite park out of the 4 they had at Disney. I can easily say it was Lucas' favorite too because everyday he kept asking to go there. Lucas' big news was that most of the rides (other than the biggies like Space Mountain, etc.) had a 40 inch requirement and he is now exactly 40 inches, phew!!! Of course, the rides like Peter Pan and Dumbo had no height requirements, so little Sam could ride some too. While some of the ride lines were painfully long, once on the rides, both Lucas and Sam had a blast and were so captivated by everything there was to see. I have to say I was very, very proud of my big boy Lucas. He was so patient with the crowds, lines, lack of naps and often delayed meals. That would be tough for most 3 year olds and he hardly complained at all the entire trip, what a totally good boy I have. :) Sam has a pretty high sleep requirement and often takes 2 naps a day, so he would wear out pretty fast, but as soon as he saw any of the characters, shows or rides he would quickly come back to life. I was very impressed at how well Sam could sit for the majority of the shows. He is definitely a mover, so his attention span was awesome at Disney. I didn't seem to take a lot of pictures on our first day at Magic Kingdom in comparism to all the other days, I guess I was too captivated to remember to pull out the camera. :) Below are just a few and there will be a ton more during my additional posts.


Hooray for the Magic Kingdom.



Waiting in line for the very popular Buzz Lightyear ride. Definitely one of our favorites, especially Lucas. Lucas and daddy were permanent ride buddies and they loved it.


So funny and had to throw this picture in. This was a common sight during the week. The ride lines were often hour long if we didn't have past passes. They make you park your stroller before you get in line. Of course without the stroller, our little 18 month old was not going to let us hold him in line for an hour straight, noway. We would go as long as he could and then frequently Les would have to briefly step out of line to let him run off some energy. :)


Lucas and daddy cheering on the parade. Picture seen below. Not really sure why Lucas has his shoe on Les' head, ha! :)


Part of the morning parade, we just barely caught the tale end of it and I didn't get any good pictures.

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

so much fun. can't wait to see more! and SOOOOOOO proud of how many pictures you took. :)