Monday, March 26, 2012

Hawaii Trip: Maui Ocean Center

Of all the times I have visited Maui, I had never been to the Maui Ocean Center (their aquarium). This time, we felt the boys were definitely old enough to enjoy (same went for me, haha), so we paid the aquarium a little visit. Sam is obsessed with fish and like I said before, kept the aquarium pamplet in his hand all week, so we knew the aquarium would be right up his ally. Both Sam and Lucas had a blast and especially loved the touching pool where they got to hold starfish and sea cucumbers. This aquarium is definitely smaller then a few others we have visited, but it seemed to serve it's purpose and I'm so glad we got to check it out this trip.
Lucas riding some horse statue on our way out to the aquarium.

Sammy getting a ride from daddy.

The whole aquarium gang (grandma stayed back to shop). Notice Sam still carrying around the aquarium flyer, haha! I told ya he never put that paper down all week. :)

Lindsey, Lucas and Lydia taking a break on the bench.

Lucas ready to see some fish.

My favorite: the big sting rays!

Sam and Les in the shark tunnel.

Checking out some sharks!

Some BIG fish!

Finally, a decent shot of the 4 cousins! :)

My 2 baby boys!

Lucas checking out the baby shark tank.

The petting pool...Sam was touching starfish and sea cucumbers (apparantly a favorite of Lucas we learned).:)

Loving the petting pool for sure.

Sam being Sam and most likely just running around freely...what he loves best! :)

"More Fish Please".....

Sam checking out the pretty grounds of the aquarium.

No comments: