Dear Lucas,
I truly feel like it was just this morning that I was writing you a letter for your 6th birthday and now we are upon the age of 7, wow!!! Mommy can't believe it and I can't believe how fast the last 7 years have gone. I know I always tell you not to grow up too fast and that's only for my selfish reasons that I cherish you being so little and able/wanting me to always be around and still hold, cuddle, hug and kiss you. I love that you still want to always be by my side and that I like to think I'm your favorite girl in the whole wide world. :) I know as you grow older, some of those things will change and that's okay, but one thing that will never ever change is how much I LOVE YOU and am SO PROUD TO BE YOUR MOMMY!! :) The best way I can describe this most recent birthday is "7 years of pure joy".....you have given us 7 years of pure happiness, love, joy and pride. You're truly a ray of sunshine in all of our lives and you light up any room you walk into with that big, beautiful smile and sparkling blue eyes. You have always had and still maintain that heart of gold, you may wear it on your sleeve at times, but you treat all people and things with so much love and respect, that amazes me so much for a little boy. Like all children, you have your trying moments, but for the most part you're so easy going and I love how you go with the flow so well. You try so hard at all you do and although, I worry sometimes that you are too hard on yourself (too much of a perfectionist), I know this is a trait that will get you many places in life. I always tell you that you can do anything as long as you put your mind to it and that couldn't be more true for you. In your short life, you have already accomplished so much...you're a great ice hockey player, phenomonal skier, emerging golfer, amazing LEGO builder and most importantly so very smart and great at your academics, especially science and logics (like your daddy). Just as important as all of that, not only are you the best son and friend, but you are truly the best big brother I have ever seen and I mean it! Sam is so lucky to have a big brother like you (naturally you are lucky to have him too), the love he has for you is incredible and I think he truly feels you walk on water in his eyes. Of course you both have your battles and times where I must seperate you, but overall you get along so much better then I could have ever imagined siblings so close in age would. I love how you both cuddle in the mornings and most importantly protect each other. Your patients for a sometimes annoying little brother is quite impressive and Sam has already learned so much from you. Watching you and Sam together is one of the greatest blessings in my world. Sweet Lucas, always know you are my world and along side your daddy and brother, my everything. My world would never be the same without you my son. You enrich my life in so many countless ways and I truly think you make me a better person. My wish for you is to never change and to have the greatest next year ever full of the same happiness you bring all of us. Happy Birthday baby boy, I love you to the moon and back!
Love, Mommy
![]() |
| Last night being a 6 year old....hello 7! |
![]() |
| Happy 7th Birthday to my sweet and handsome boy! Where has the time gone?? |
![]() |
| Pure LOVE!!!! |








No comments:
Post a Comment