Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lucas 2.5 Years

Just a couple weeks ago, my big boy Lucas turned two and half. I still feel like he was just born yesterday, it makes me sad to think how fast he is growing up. Everyday Les and I talk about how Lucas has turned from our little baby to an amazing and absolutely precious little boy. I always said I would never be that "braggy" mom, but I do feel this is Lucas' time to receive a little acknowledment on some of the things he is doing. Lucas' vocabulary has had a major boom and he is now stunning us with the complete sentences that he is able to put together. Les says he takes after me because the child honestly NEVER stops talking. Much of what he says is pretty entertaining, so we get most of our laughs from simply listening to him. Lucas is also up to other things too: He can count to 15, knows his alphabet, can name/identify most shapes and colors and loves to sing several songs (the alphabet song, twinkle/twinkle and happy birthday). However, most importantly he is simply a very good and sweet little boy. That's not to say we don't have our fair share of time outs and tantrums, but overall he is very easy these days. His teachers at school aways compliment his ability to follow directions, pay attention and play very well with others. Lucas is an amazing son, brother and friend. Les and I both feel so incredibly lucky to have this beautiful little boy as our son.

Lucas loves his "big boy" bed

Goofy with daddy's glasses

Helping mommy in the kitchen

Daddy and Lucas time

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

Happy 1/2 b-day Lucas. I miss you and hope to hear about the tree falling down in the back yard soon! See you next month buddy!