Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sam at 6 months

I truly can't believe my sweet baby boy Sam is already half a year old. Where in the world does time go and why does it go by so fast? Sam is the most amazing little baby and I really wish he would stop growing up so fast on us. :) Just when we think we couldn't possibly fall more in love with this cutie pie, we do and our love grows for him by the minute. He tends to put a smile on everybodies face, from his big brother Lucas to a stranger at the store, he just has that affect on people. I love how outgoing Sam is and that he can laugh at just about anything. He has such a fun and sweet personality and it just comes out more and more everyday. People that meet Sam will often say they have never seen a baby smile more and I have to say that is such a sweet feeling as a mama. Sam continues to grow and change every single day, here is what he has been up to lately:

6 month old Stats:

18.7 pounds (75th percentile)

26 inches (45th percentile)

Head circumfrence (50th percentile)

Takes 4 (6-8 ounce) bottles per day. Eats solids 3 x per day.

Sleeps 11 hours per night. Takes 2 big naps (one morning/one afternoon) and a quick cat nap late in the afternoon before last bottle.

Is able to sit up completely unsupported

Rolls both from back to belly and belly to back. Starting to enjoy tummy time more.

Loves to grab (very fast at grabbing anything), hold and play with toys. Can also pass object from one hand to the other.

Babbles, squeals, smiles, giggles all the time.

Has discovered hands, feet, tongue.

Seems to look when his name is called.

Still loves the exercauser and jumparoo more than anything else.

Absolutely admires and obsessed with big brother Lucas. Will try and play with him. I love watching Lucas and Sam together, makes me melt everytime. :) :)

So hard to believe Sam is 6 months old!

Sits up like such a big boy now!


Sam has discovered and enjoys grabbing at his feet.

So giggly.

Big boy Sam.

Sam really enjoys playing with all of his toys.....including Lucas' toys too, ha ha.

The big mess after his first taste of sweet potatoes, mmmm!

2 comments:

Team Thompson said...

I miss my little buddy! COME BACK TO ARIZONA SOON!

Brigitte said...

Sounds like his mom--outgoing, loves to smile and laugh. It's funny how he looks so much like you also. I'm so glad all of you are doing well. Hope to see you soon.