I truly can't believe that my sweet baby boy Lucas has turned 3 years old. Lucas has definitely been 36 months of pure joy. He is everything that we could ever want from a son and our love for this special little boy is so profound that it's undescribable. Since he has come into my world, he has made me a better person and the world a better place. He puts a smile on everybodies face that he meets and his personality has always been and still is amazing. Lucas also has a heart of gold and he is a good friend to everyone he meets. It makes me feel so good when I hear other parents of kids in class tell me that their son or daughter always mentions how they love playing with Lucas and want to see Lucas at school. That's not to say that we don't have our difficult moments and tantrums because he is still a toddler and very strong willed, but overall we are so blessed and couldn't ask for a better child. While there are times that I think back and wish that I could hold Lucas as a baby again, I have loved watching him grow and am very proud of the wonderful little boy that he has become. I'm one lucky mommy to have Lucas! :)
Lucas' birthday was a lot of fun and yes a very busy day indeed. Despite poor and severe weather, we were still successfully able to do everything planned, especially his birthday party at My Gym. I will do a seperate post for his party since there were too many pictures to include here. Below are a few pictures from his actual birthday, minus his party. Also, we had our 3 year old check-up today and fortunatly other than a clogged tear duct problem that will have to be surgically fixed next month (ugh), he is healthy and thriving in all areas. Below are a few of his stats at age 3:
Weight: 29.5 pounds (25th percentile) Height: 37.5 inches (45th percentile)...petite side!
Still a fussy and picky eater, but getting a little better.
Great sleeper in his big boy bed: 10-11 hours at night and still naps once in afternoon.
Potty training still in progress, but hopefully completed in next couple weeks.
The most incredibly loving and helpful big brother that Sam could ask for.
Has an amazing vocabulary and can tell complete stories and speak pretty much in paragraphs to us. Articulation is very clear too. The things he says just cracks us up too, we love listening to his little statements and stories. :) Very entertaining child! :)
Has a great memory of almost everything, can count to 20, knows his alphabet, has many songs memorized and loves to sing them, follows all complex commands, knows left/right, etc.
Starting to love trying to play several sports, especially golfing and soccer. Overall, very outgoing, energetic and happy little boy.
Lucas' birthday morning opening his gifts from Grammy and Papa. Waking up to many gifts made for one very happy 3 year old. :)
Our first big birthday stop was breakfast at one of Lucas' favorite eating spots....Krispy Kremes. Nothing like some doughnuts for breakfast and then birthday cake later on for dessert. I think Lucas' sweet tooth was completely satisfied on his big day. :)
Our good friends Marian and Sean also joined all of us at Krispy Kremes.
The audience Lucas had when he discovered his big power wheels. Lucas smiled ear to ear when he realized what this big surprise was that we had for him. Unfortunatly, due to poor weather all day, Lucas had to test out his new wheels from our basement. He was a good sport about that though! :)
Lucas was hilarious because everytime he would get behind the wheel, 2 seconds later he would say "oops, I'm all out of gas, I need a gas pump". He kept looking under the hood trying to fix his car up. What a true boy, I love it and love his imagination too. :)
Daddy helping Lucas take his first spin on the new wheels. Again, from the basement, poor kiddo!
Loving his new car....it's very fancy and even has its own real FM radio.
Blowing out some candles. Possibly his 10th time blowing out candles all week, what a special boy and special week he had.










1 comment:
love the pics of him and Les at the end...so cute! What a fun day...and that isn't even his b-day party. Bebe and I can't wait to see those too. Night Night!
Post a Comment