Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

Well Fathers Day 2010 was sort of a mixed bag of good and not so good. The good was that Les was off and we got to spend the whole day and night together as a family, but the not so good was that between Les being under the weather and with a scratched cornea (in a lot of pain), Sam woke that morning with fever to 103 and yet another double ear infection (second one in a month, ugh). Therefore, Fathers Day was pretty low key and took place at home the majority of the day. However, I definitely want to take a moment to praise Les for how wonderful of a father he is to Lucas and Sam. We all couldn't ask for a better husband and father. I have to say EVERYTHING Les does is for the welfare of our family and he always keeps our happiness in mind. He works extremely hard so that we can be blessed with all the wonderful things we have and more. Also, it is so obvious how much Les loves being a daddy to Lucas and Sam. Those boys always put a smile on his face and I love watching them all together. As soon as Les gets home from work (if not past betime of course) he immediatly will change and start playing with Lucas and Sam, it truly melts my heart. For Lucas and Sam the feeling is mutual about their daddy...my little boys go bonkers for Les. He truly lights up their world. We have had to on a few occasions drive to Summit because Lucas would say "I just need one more hug from daddy" (how can you ignore that). When we do visit at work, I love how proud he is to show of his little boys to everybody he works with. Again, I can't say enough about how awesome of a daddy Les is...we are all so lucky to have him around. I love you babe! :)

Daddy and his boys on Fathers Day.

Lucas is a huge Daddy fan and is frequently found at Les' side when he is not at work. I love watching these two with each other...they definitely have a very special daddy/son bond.

I also have to point out that in the last month Sam has also become a little bit of a Daddy's boy. Sam is all about me until Les walks into the room and then you can just see his little face light up. He will do anything to get Daddy's attention these days, but he doesn't have to work very hard at it because Daddy seems to have a blast with this little guy too.

Everybody helping Daddy read his cards.

After Daddy opened his unique gift! This year I decided to do something different and very special...I bought Les a bottle of wine in Lucas' birth year and a bottle of scotch in Sam's birth year (both bottles are very rare and only a few have been made). I then had some charms with the boys names and a special message engraved and strung to the bottles. Les was told that these bottles of wine/scotch are to age and not be opened until the day of each of their weddings, cute idea I say. Pretty sure Les loved it! :)

Although Lucas is pretty clueless as to what scotch/wine are (hope he always stays clueless too, ha ha), he was pretty proud of our gift and couldn't wait for Les to open it.

A close-up look at the gift.

No comments: