Our little fish, Lucas, is in the middle of a 4 week swim lessons course. He attends lessons 3 x per week for 45 minutes at our local YMCA. It is a 3-5 year old class where the parents get to watch and the kiddos get in the water with the instructors. There are about 20 children and 7 teachers (so about 3 per teacher, works pretty well). I have to say at first I was a little unsure about his swim class because right of the bat it was pretty obvious that Lucas seemed to be the smallest and youngest. I spoke to the director of the program about this and she assured me that this was the perfect class for him and that he would do great! She was right and Les and I are so proud of how well Lucas is doing in his class. Les and I both have absolutely loved watching him in his swim class. I think I sit there and watch with the biggest smile on my face. Lucas loves to swim and loves his swim lessons too, what a great feeling. I'm so happy that he is not afraid and really enjoys getting into the pool. Lucas has been doing wondeful at kicking his legs, moving his arms and knowing how to hold his breath when he gets his face in the water. After one of his first classes, his teacher came up to me and asked if he had done this before and then said he was really good at following all of her directions. The best part of all is that he keeps a smile on his face almost the entire class. He does a lot of talking too (like his mother)...I laugh because there is a water slide in the pool and I can always hear him talking to the teacher endlessly about the "big blue slide" and how he went on a "big white slide" at the "pink hotel". It really is hilarious! :) Below are several pictures that Les captured when he took Lucas to his lessons last week, they seem a little dark, but you can tell what's going on.
Easing the little ones in the water slowly.
Lining them up for some games. Lucas is clearly the youngest and therefore smallest in the group, but he hung pretty well with those older kids, ha! :)
Lucas LOVES the part where he gets to jump into the water.
Look at those little legs go...Lucas has done so well with kicking.
....and moving those arms too. :)
Little fish in the making!
Lucas can't seem to float on his back without laughing, not sure why, but it's cute to watch.
Loving the pool!










1 comment:
wish Andrew would be like Lucas. We have been kicked out of two swim lesson sessions. :) Andrew still freaks out....Joshua on the other hand is doing great at lessons. go figure. :) Love seeing the updates. off to update our site. miss ya!
Post a Comment