As a child, every year my parents would take my sister and myself to the Grand Canyon Deer Park located just outside of Flagstaff, AZ. I have very fond memories of this experience and always knew that I someday would take my family there as well. Well, that day finally came last weekend when I requested that Les and I make a stop at the Deer Park for Lucas (as well as Les) to enjoy. What makes this wildlife park unique is that it is all hands on and you are allowed to actually feed the deer and pet all of the other animals which include goats, pigs, lamas, reindeers, camels and more. It really is alot of fun and we did have a blast. When we first walked through the gate, I could tell Lucas was a little nervous and then I quickly realized why. We had deer food in our hands and immediatly were greeted by at least 15 deer all of which were BIGGER then my little boy Lucas. He was such a good sport and got over his fears real quick. While Lucas would not feed the animals (Les ended up feeding all the animals, ha), he definitely enjoyed petting and even hugging a few of the critters as well. I took a ton of pictures and below are just a few of my favorites.
Lucas and his new friend. He was such a good sport about not being afraid since all of these animals hovered over him.
Daddy feeding the deer, while Lucas watches on the side.
I think this picture is too cute.
Lucas trying to give this little baby deer a kiss and hug. This deer was a little less overwhelming for Lucas since he was closer to his size. 








No comments:
Post a Comment