Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sam's First Hair Cut

A couple days before Christmas and with our family in town, it became official....Sam had his first haircut and is now such a big boy. We were lucky to have Grandma Lenning around to do the honors. This was not a major haircut, more of a little snip here and there...Sam has extremely thin hair and well, not much of it (very different from big brother Lucas' hair). I had purposely been putting off the haircut because I'm not ready for my baby to be a big boy and a haircut seems way too grown up for me. :) However, Les brought it to my attention that our poor boy had a few strands of bangs in his eyes, so I gave in and there went his first haircut. Sam did very well and remained patient and smiley throughout...it also helped that his big cousins Lydia and Lindsey were cheering him on. Oh and yes, I have saved every snipped strand of hair in a ziploc bag...I guess I'm wierd. :)
Of course, our little Mr. Independent having to try and comb his own hair first.
Snip, snip, snip...bye-bye baby hair.
Trying to hold onto his hair. :)
So lucky to have Grandma do the honors of first haircut.
Sam kept giggling and grabbing the comb everytime Grandma tried to snit and comb.
Sam was honored to have big cousins Lydia and Lindsey present for his first haircut. Big brother was sleeping in that morning and didn't get to watch the fun. :)
All done, such a big boy now!

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

I hope you kept some for his scrapbook. :) TOO CUTE!!