Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New House Update: Framing, Hooray!

It's officially a house!!! Hooray, our new house has finally been framed and it looks fantastic! We are entering our third week of framing and they are currently finishing up the roof. We can officially walk through all 3 floors and go up and down the stairs. Thank goodness, we love the house even more in real life then we did on paper, so we couldn't be more excited. It's been a lot of fun for us to walk through the house and say "oh, that's what that room now looks like" or "thats why they put a window there". A lot easier to understand in person then from just paper drawings. Lucas and Sam have also really enjoyed getting to check out their new house(well, actually all the nails, wood and overall mess that framing leaves). I have to mention that I will not be posting any pictures of the front of the house from this point on. Les has requested I only take pictures of the inside (I did post one picture of the side of the house only) for security purposes on the internet. Therefore, I'm respecting his wishes to keep our family safe. Just gives more reason for you all to visit, ha! :) Next up in the process: I think to finish framing the roof and then they can start with all the electical and plumbing stuff....there will be no posts about , boring, ha ha! :) Below are some pictures I took of some of the rooms on the inside.I also captured a little of teh view we have. Now that the house is framed, we definitely know why we chose that lot....what a scenic view! :)

Lucas and Sam sitting on the back stair case that is directly off the kitchen. 


This is the gorgeous view we get when we open the front door to our visitors...not too shabby! :)


Standing in the foyer and looking towards the front staircase and out towards den.  They plan on flaring the staircase a little to add to the affect.


This is just a picture of the side of the house where our garages are. The basement makes the house very tall and watching the framers stand at the tip of the roof hammering with no harnesses truly freaked me out. Oh, the windows at the bottom of the turit are suppose to be much larger like the other 2 floors. For some reason they covered 75% of them to keep sunlight out while working on basement. Looks like a dungeon with the windows like that right now, ha! :)


Lucas standing in his new bedroom, he is so excited! I'm jealous of Lucas because his bedroom has the best view and one of the biggest windows in the house...hope someday he appreciates that!


Sam standing in his bedroom! He has no clue, but seems to just be happy trying to walk on the plywood.

My favorite part of the house...my own little office off the kitchen. It's not huge, but enough for a desk/chair and lots of shelves. Thank you Marian, it was all her idea and I greatly appreciate it! :)

Looking from the dining room through the butlers pantry to the kitchen.

I thought this picture was kind of cool....looking up at the roof of the turit from the upstairs playroom. Of course, it won't stay like this, but was pretty cool to see before they close it up.
Basement kitchenette.




2 comments:

Jane Ellen said...

i am buying les a security shirt...haha! you should remind him its gated.

Team Thompson said...

JT is soooooooo proud of you with the security part! :) Looks amazing! Love seeing it come together. AMAZING VIEW...can't wait to see it with all the fall colors next year!