Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sam At 21 Months

On May 28th, my baby boy Sam turned 21 months. It has been 3 months since our last Sam update and he definitely has changed so much, so I thought it was time for a little post on our cute fella. Sam has defnitely turned from baby to full on toddler these last 3 months. He is pure fun and craziness all wrapped up into one adorable and extremely energetic little boy. Sam continues to have a very outgoing personality... full of smiles, laughs and "hi's" for everybody he meets. He is also very strong willed and this seems to grow in strength everyday. While his "I must get everything I see" temperment can be exhausting at times, I also embrace it because I know someday if he stays this driven, he will encounter much success. Les and I always say Lucas will be our kind doctor and Sam will be some CEO of a big company or a lawyer, haha! :) Speaking of Lucas, Sam couldn't be more in love with his big brother. There are times that I say boy is Lucas patient because Sam will literally attach himself to Lucas (like walking behind him with his arms around his waist) for a long period of time. I often catch Sam just staring at Lucas with a smile when they are playing....that honestly melts my heart everytime. Although Sam seems to be a very independent and wild spirit, he also has the sweetest soul and I can already tell he really cares for people. I absolutely love Sam's kisses, hugs and cuddles....especially right after he wakes up and he will actually let me hold him for a little love session. I can't believe my next post will be when my sweet boy is 2, oh my, oh my, where is time going. I don't have Sam's size stats, but here are a few other things about Sam at 21 months:

An outstanding sleeper...still takes a 3 hour nap everyday and sleeps 12 hours at night. The boy loves his sleep more then any other kid I have ever met, ha!

A so/so eater...definitely a lot more picky then he used to be. A big milk drinker and snacker if I let him, so we have had to reduce both of those so he takes more at mealtime.

Very indpendent child...doesn't really want you to do anything for him and will even try to put Lucas and mines shoes on, so funny. Les and joke that Sam is looking to move out sometime soon.

Has gone pee,pee on the potty, hooray for Sam! :) He will tell you when he has a dirty or wet diaper.

Has an incredible level of comprehension...understands almost everything you ask him or commands you give him to follow.

Vocabulary developing more and more everyday. A little slower then big brother Lucas' did, but he is still doing well and has the sweetest sounding voice, especially when you ask him where something is and he says" I don't know"....I purposely ask him questions that he will say "I don't know" to because it's cute. :)

Loves to sing songs, dance and is obsessed with all books.

Majorly in love with Lucas and a pretty darn good little brother to him too. :)

Sam doing what he loves most....reading books.!


Such a big boy these days, I can't believe it!


Cutest 21 month old I have ever seen. :)


Sam also loves playing with his (well Lucas') trucks.


No comments: