Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lucas' First Day Of Kindergarten

On August 15th, 2012 my first born Lucas ventured off to his first day of Kindergarten, WOW!!! I still can't believe that I have a Kindergartner. Ever since Lucas was born, whenever I thought of his first day of elementary it gave me butterflies in my stomach...just always seemed too big and now it seems too soon. People always used to tell me that it's amazing how fast kids grow up and I feel it more now then ever. If I had one wish to be granted, it would be to slow time down just a little bit. I'm having the time of my life with the boys at this age and I want it to last forever. So, needless to say, Lucas starting Kindergarten pulled on some of my heart because I wasn't quite ready to give him up 5 days a week, 7 hours a day. However, they can't stay small and as Les says "in my bubble" forever, I have to let them go and spread their own wings. So, on that first day, I proudly walked Lucas to his class with a smile on my face, but tears in my eyes. I couldn't wait to pick him up from school to hear all about his first day, which went great! With all of this said, I have to take a moment to praise my amazing little boy Lucas. I'm so proud of my sweet boy and how well he is thriving in Kindergarten where he didn't know a soul. It's a very long day and he is very tired by night, but he approaches each of the days with a smile on his face and desire in his heart. Les and I both feel so extremely lucky to have him as our son. I know he is going to have the time of his life this year and for many years after. :) Below are some pictures from his first day of school!
All ready for his first big day of school.

Heading out of the house.

So excited for a new beginning.

With a little support from little brother Sam.

Love these brothers!

Heading out!

In front of his new and very beautiful school. It is brand new and only one year old.

Lucas with his very sweet Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Kramer.

We can't forget our sweet Sam on his first day of the 3 year old class at preschool. What a sweet boy and face!

This is what Lucas made for me on his first day of school. The staff presented this to us at the school's "boo hoo Kindergarten breakfast" for sobbing moms like myself, haha! :) I of course got tears in my eyes when I read it, so true and sweet! This project is a keeper for sure!

No comments: