Saturday, June 22, 2013

End Of Kindergarten

Did this year really end, Lucas first year of grade school??? I still can't believe that was it and it's all over...time sure does fly!! I'm not sure if I was more emotional on his first day of Kindergarten or this last day...my boy is growing up way too fast! All that aside, what a wonderful year and words can't describe how PROUD we are of our Lucas. We couldn't have asked for a better teacher (Miss Kramer) and a better experience for Lucas this year. He has grown so much academically and emotionally and I have to take a little brag moment. This entire year and on each report card Lucas got what would be equivalent to straight A's (except they use a number system until second grade). :) He started taking spelling tests and out of 7 weeks of testing, he only missed a total of 2 words. He can read, write, do math and that's just a few of the many things he has learned this year. Lucas has also taken a big liking to art (yup, I said art and I have no clue where he gets that from, haha). :) In addition to academics, Lucas has grown socially and emotionally and was so fortunate to meet many new friends. I love hearing how much his teachers and peers love being around him. His only downfall seems to be his "Type A", perfectionist, anxious (whatever you want to call it) personality that would sometimes get the best of him. On occasion, the tears flow when he gets frustrated with something new he is trying to learn and he gets frustrated if he doesn't get it on the first try. I definitely worry this boy might have an ulcer by age 10. Hopefully, as he grows he will become more confident and patient in himself. In terms of myself, I LOVED being so much apart of his school year...I got to be the room mom which allowed me to volunteer in the classroom and on field trips many times. I also enjoyed getting to plan and participate in the classroom parties and activities. I hope that Lucas will always allow me to be such apart of his classroom experience (well, I do realize someday he will kick me out, ha). Next up, first grade and I'm praying it's as successful as Kindergarten was. For now, we are just happy to relax and enjoy summer. :)
2012-2013 Kindergarten Class..Miss Kramer! What a fantastic year of school!


So proud of himself. and we are so proud of him.



Next up: First Grade, ahhhhh! :)

No comments: