Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sam's First Stitches, OUCH!

Well, we knew this day would come, after all, we have 2 boys! We had our first stitches in the family and it was Sam, at the age of having just turned 4. All I can say is my poor baby, what a rough day Friday, October 19th was for our sweet Sam. To make a long story short, Sam took a spill down some metal stairs off of a slide and split his chin wide open. Therefore, I received that dreaded call from preschool telling me our little boy was going to need stitches. I have to say though, I'm very grateful for Sam's amazing teachers that provided excellent first aide and love to go along side our scared little boy. After a trip to the pediatrician and almost the children's hospital...daddy woke, got my message and called to tell us to meet him at his hospital where he felt confident he wanted to be the one to stitch our little boy. 8 stitches later, performed by daddy, we were on our way. It was a rough afternoon and those stitches didn't come without a lot of tears and screaming, but we made it through and have a story to tell! Below are some pictures...warning, they are kind of gross, ha!
Sam and his favorite nurse Brooke.


Poor baby waiting to get stitches. :((

All done, thank goodness!

8 stitches later!

No comments: