So, in the middle of all these back to school and Fall trips/activities, I took on a self challenge and decided several months ago that I was going to become a runner and train for my very first Half Marathon. It was 3 months of intense training, but through it all, I picked up a new little hobby/addiction and decided I loved running. Who better to share this passion with then my best friend, Marla, who also loves running. For months, I would share with her each time I would run my farthest distance or pull off my best time and all along, little did I know she was planning on surprising me to be there and run with me at my first Half Marathon. What a great best friend, right? So, a few days prior, Les asked me to head to the airport to pick up, so I thought, Patrick, who was "suppose" to be in town doing work. When I pulled up the curve, there stood Marla and there began my stream of tears, laughter and absolute joy. I loved having Marla in town to visit and share with me my first experience running a Half Marathon. In terms of the visit, we always have a great time and once again, it didn't disappoint. We hung out, took in our neighborhood Halloween party and of course ran a Half Marathon. The Half was fabulous and Marla did great for not training much and I definitely surprised myself in how well I did too! Les, his parents (who were also in town) and the kids showed up cheering me on with signs at several mile points and the finish line...that definitely gave me an extra incentive to do well, loved seeing them at my race. What an experience for sure! Below are pictures from not only the race, but my visit with Marla too!
Happy Father’s Day from Tennyson & Eliot
14 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment