A couple weeks back, we took our first major (i.e. longer then 7 hours) family road trip to Williamsburg, Virginia. There, we met up with Gene and Lonna (Papa and Grandma) as well as Kathy, Layne and our nieces/cousins, Lydia and Lindsay. We spent a full week in Williamsburg and I have to report the road trip to and from was a success. :)) It was a 10 hour drive, but the trip was well worth it...thank goodness for car DVD's and ipads, ha! I have to say that I was originally concerned that the children would have a lack of interest or understanding of the American History this trip was going to present, but I'm happy to report, I was totally wrong. The kids enjoyed all of the historical sites which included James Town, Colonal Williamsburg and Washington DC...they truly loved walking around and learning what everything represented and how it applies to us today. Lucas totally surprised me with his own knowledge and facts on historical sites, information I had forgotten, but my 8 year old reminded me of, haha! We also took in a couple days at Water Country and Busch Gardens...needless to say, we all had a blast at those places. Most importantly, it was great to be together as a family and visit somewhere new! Below are pictures from Lexington and James Town...our first few days! :)
Happy Father’s Day from Tennyson & Eliot
14 years ago





















No comments:
Post a Comment