Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Scottsdale Railroad Park with the Thompsons

Like I said before, Phoenix was great, yet a very busy little trip. A trip to Phoenix could simply never be complete without a good visit with the Thompson Family. Laura and I have been very close friends since our sorority days (Chi-Omega of course) at the University of Arizona. She is truly an angel in my life. I love this girl and her entire family! Time spent with Laura is never a dull moment and so much fun. My mom, Les, Lucas, Sam and myself met up with Laura and her precious boys Andrew (age 5) and Joshua (almost 2) at another one of my favorite Scottsdale spots, the McKormick Railroad Park. I have some major fond memories of this place from childhood and since I have had children, make a point to visit it everytime we are in town. Lucas has been to this park several times and I love how he lights up when we are there. Of course, Lucas is obsessed with trains, so he has an absolute blast and we end up riding the train several times. This visit was extra special because Lucas was able to play with Andrew and Joshua. They all play so well and seem to really like each other. Lucas is still requesting to see these boys on a daily basis. Sam also seemed to enjoy himself, especially getting some extra loving from Laura. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Lucas and Mommy as we got to the park.

Waiting for the train to arrive. The boys were so excited!

Sam just waking up and wondering where in the world am I now, ha ha (nice pacifier line too). He was such a good sport and just went with the flow. He also seemed to enjoy the park.

My mom, myself and Laura before our little train journey.

A family shot as we boarded the train.


The boys: Lucas, Joshua and Andrew. These 3 had a fantastic time playing with each other.


Lucas and his buddy Andrew on the train ride.

Lucas loved the train and we ended up riding it twice.

Some time with daddy at lunch.

I captured this very sweet daddy and Sam moment, so sweet!



A ride on daddy's shoulders, Lucas' favorite. Lucas was in love with this train hat, but we didn't end up buying it. Lucas is not hurting in the hat department. :)


Fun with daddy on the playground.

Sam and Laura....they have had this cute/special little bond since Sam was 8 weeks old.


Good buddies.

Adorable little Joshua. Well I guess not so little anymore as he will be 2 this week, wow.

Lucas hitting the slides (no, this man was not part of our group, random, ha ha).

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

such a fun time! I loved holding Sam...even with him spitting up all over me. lol Can't wait to go back here again with you all.