Friday, May 7, 2010

Puerto Rico Trip!

Les and I recently got back from our "adults only" trip to beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our little boys were left in the very good hands of Les' parents (they all had a fantastic time too) while we traveled along side our very close friends Paul and Marian Karp. Puerto Rico was amazing and we had such a blast! While I definitely had a few moments of missing the boys a lot, I really enjoyed getting to spend some wonderful quality time with Les. It was also so nice traveling with the Karps, they are such a fun couple and we have a ton of great memories with them. We stayed at a spectacular Marriot Resort that had a couple pools, restuarants, spa (yes, I took in a pedicure) and even a casino (I learned how to play Three Card Poker, pretty impressive for me, ha). While most of our 5 days was spent lounging at the pool, we also enjoyed walking around, playing in the casino after dinner and visiting Old San Juan where they were having their yearly arts festival. I definitely recommend Puerto Rico and I hope that we can go back and visit again someday soon. Below are some of our pictures taken from the trip.

Beautiful and sunny Puerto Rico! View from the balcony off our room.

View of the beach front. The sand was so white and water so blue.

Les and I at our favorite spot of the trip...the pool! The pool was so nice and had a swim up bar, big water slide, 2 pools and hot tub.

Marian and I trying to catch some good rays. She has a few more rays then me, ha!


We had a great time traveling with Paul and Marian. We all liked doing the same things, which made everything so easy and a ton of fun.

A shot with my sweet hubby!

All of us at a cute little mexican restaurant right on the beach.

A view of the Old Fort from downtown San Juan.

At the harbor of downtown San Juan.

A group shot at the harbor.

This is a picture from restaurant Barrochina...home of the very first PINA COLODA! Yes, those pina coladas were very authentic and tasted so good.

Ok, hilarious shot from the Dragon Fly restaurant in Old San Juan. We were all unaware that shorts were not allowed in this restuarant, so upon arrival, the hostess saronged Paul and Les. The food was worth it and so were all the laughs we got!

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

so much fun. Love the photos and want to go back. the one of you guys in front of the pier is where our cruise ship docked..wish we were there at the same time. Would have joined you in a pina colada. :)