Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sam At 15 Months

I really cannot believe that my little baby boy Sam is growing up so fast and is now 15 months old. Just the other day, Les and I were saying that Sam still has that sweet baby face and doesn't quit look like a toddler yet, thank goodness. I'm not ready for this little guy to grow too big quit yet. :) While Sam still looks like a baby, he has definitely changed a lot in the past 3 months. The best way to describe Sam is simpy full of personality and zest. I love Sam's outgoing personality...sometimes I will be at a red light and look over to see the person in the car next to me smiling and laughing and then I look towards the back seat and there is my little social bug waving and with this huge smile at the people in the car next to us. Sam can also be a hand full these days as he seems to find ways to get into anything and everything. It's almost like he watches us and waits for us to look away so that he can get into some kind of trouble. He is very entertaining and we often sit back and just laugh at Sam's fun and spunky personality. While Sam may be one of the busiest babies I have ever seen, he does still find time to shower us with tons of sweet kisses and hugs. He is especially fond of big brother Lucas. I'm so proud at the wonderful way Lucas and Sam get along. They are truly each other's best friend and it so obvious and amazing to watch. You can definitely tell that Sam misses Lucas when he is at preschool and when we pick him up he gets this big smile on his face. To this day, Sam is still my little old soul and there are not enough words in this world to describe how very much he is loved. Below are some things that Sam is up to at 15 months:
**Weight: 22 pounds, 14 ounces (35th percentile).
**Height: 30 inches (12th percentile), at least this keeps him from still not being tall enough to climb up on the couch, ha! :)
**Head: 19cm (70th percentile).
**Sleeps 11-12 hours per night and still takes 2 full naps per day. Sam loves his sleep and will actually go to the gate and say "nigh nigh" while waving when he is ready to go to sleep. ;)
**A milk lover and would drink milk from his sippy cup all day if I let him, but he is just a so-so eater these days and a little more picky then he used to be. Favorite and daily meal: turkey dog, peas and grapes. Will not eat any pasta or bread...not a carbs guy!
**Always babbling and has the following words down: mama, dada, ball, yum, night-night, hi, that (his favorite word while pointing), banana, no.
**Understands and can follow directions (go get your shoes, give this to Lucas, get your sippy).
**Loves to dance (adorable), clap hands, wave to everybody, play little games.
**Points in reference to everything.
**Loves to sit and read books with you.
**Starting to do some pretend play (can properly use a phone, push a car, etc.).
Our precious 15 month old.
Getting to be such a big boy.
Had to throw the leaves pictures back in there, so cute!
Our fun little man.
Somebody left the gate down and Sam is caught trying to climb the stairs! :) That is the exact little smile we get when he is about to do something he knows he shouldn't be doing...like these stairs.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Man, he looks so much bigger than just last month when we saw you guys! Looking forward to seeing you guys in just a few more weeks!

Team Thompson said...

too cute! I miss my little midnight buddy.

maryl said...

I get that smile a lot at school too! Especially when pulling the pictures off the wall.