Saturday, May 5, 2012

Easter 2012: Prepping and Easter Morning Fun

I broke Easter 2012 into 2 parts because I took so many pictures. This is the first part, pictures from the day before when Grandma and Papa came into town and we made cookies and then the morning of Easter before we hosted the big Easter gathering. Lucas and Sam had a great Easter this year and we did many fun things with friends and Grandma and Papa. 
It's not a real holiday at the Lenning's without making cookies to celebrate.

Cooking with Grandma.

Papa jumping in the assist!

Making Easter cookies takes some serious concentration, haha!

They made some big bunnies and carrots!

Was like a flour explosion! :)

When Sam finally woke from his nap, he joined in on the cookie fun!

Just in time to frost!

Easter morning: Sam woke first to his pile the Easter bunny left!

Oh Wow, a RIO book....Sam's favorite!!!

Sam's new truck!

Now Lucas was up, his turn to find his Easter bunny stash!

The Easter bunny knew exactly what everybody wanted!

I think Lucas was still not all the way awake, haha!

Sam trying out his new truck...that boy and his trucks, LOVES them!!

There's that big smile I love!

Easter was a beautiful day to get outside and play with  some new toys!

This big crab sandbox was an early Easter present from us!

We also got the boys a little kiddie picnic bench and umbrella..it's so cute and I have already lost track on how many times we have enjoyed having picnics outside...love spring!

Lucas loved playing with his new Star Wars shuttle from the Easter bunny!

A little baseball with Grandma before the big Easter party started and while Sam napped!

Batter up!

No comments: