Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lucas' 5 Year Old Stats And Fun Facts

Some of Lucas' birthday posts are out of order, but I wanted to throw in this little "fun facts" about Lucas at 5 before I did his birthday letter and birthday party post (which will be next).  Last week, Lucas had his big (and painful) 5 year old check-up. I say painful only because they have to get 5 shots at 5 and it was a little tough on my sweet boy (tough on mommy too). However, we love our pediatrician and did enjoy that visit up until shots time. Lucas is a very healthy and happy little 5 year old.  Below are Lucas stats at age 5:

Weight: 36.5 pounds (20th percentile)
Height: 42 inches (45th percentile)

What Lucas is up to at 5:

Sleeps 10-12 hours per night.
Still not the best eater, but everyday and every meal is different whether he will eat or not.
Goes to and loves his pre-k program at school. Goes 4 days per week.
Has many, many friends and gets along very well with his peers.
Is the most amazing big brother I have ever seen. LOVES his Sammy so much. 
Lucas is succeeding in all age appropriate academics at this time. He can write, read some simple sight words, of course knows all his letters (upper and lower) and sounds. Can write his letters, name, simple words. He can count perfectly to 50, but can try and get to 100 by himself, with a few mistakes along the way. Knows how to sequence, problem solve, great at reading comprehension. Can do simple math too.
Lucas LOVES SCIENCE...anything science really, especially anything about the human body (just like his daddy in a lot of ways). :) I don't know many 5 year olds that can tell you all about the function of the heart and white/red blood cells, but Lucas can and will tell you all about it...it's really so cute to hear him tell Les. He obviously wants to be a doctor and I love to hear him ask Les all these specific medical questions about his patients when he gets home from work...so funny! :) "Daddy, what kind of patients did you have today"? 
Very articulate child and is a deep thinker, asks a lot of questions. Sometimes this gets the best of him as I notice he worries a lot (takes after me in that department I guess, poor kid). :) 
Takes golf and ice skating lessons and loves them! .
Not a competitive child at all, which makes sports like soccer and football a little difficult for him. 
HEART OF GOLD and I'm so proud of him for his good nature, spirit and love for all people and things. 
Enjoys doing all little boy, well actually, just 5 year old stuff: parks, zoo, kid friendly museums, jump places, movies, just playing with his friends and brother, etc, etc. 
Overall, a very, very good and easy little boy that I'm so very proud of! :)


My handsome 5 year old!

A Good boy indeed!

No comments: