Back in June, we did our annual crash course swim lessons for 3 weeks at 5 times per week. This is quite the commitment to make, but it works well for us and the boys do great with these lessons. Of course, this was the first year Sam was old enough to take these lessons and I have to say I was very impressed with how well he has caught onto swimming. Sam absolutely loves the water and is definitely a little fish in the making. Soon after starting the lessons, he could swim to us from the wall about 5 feet independently. He understands the concepts of moving his arms and legs and holding his breath...not too bad for a 2 year old. I think that little guy would stay in the pool all day if we let him. Lucas did great with lessons as well. It was amazing to see how much he progressed in the last year. He was a little bit more reluctant and conservative in the water so to speak, so it took him a little longer to catch on. However, one day, it just clicked and he was able to all of a sudden swim half the pool by himself. We are still working on training him to be able to lift his head to take a breath when he is swimming. I think the lessons definitely paid off and I'm considering continuing lessons throughout the year so the boys can maintain their skills. One thing I'm very passionate about is children learning to swim as early as they can, for safety reasons more then anything. On the last day of swim lessons the group does a "swim show" for parents...below are some pictures from their last day. Not the best pictures ever, but you will get the point. :)
 |
| Whole group getting ready for swim show. |
 |
| Hard to see, but Sam's group. |
 |
| Lucas in the middle with his goggles on and ready to show off his skills. |
 |
| Lucas on the kick board. |
 |
| And here comes Sammy! |
 |
| Was hard for Sam to concentrate because he kept smiling at me, cutie pie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment