Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Lucas

Dear Lucas,

Happy 6th Birthday sweet son of mine. Can't believe you have given us 6 amazing years..where does time go? I feel like just yesterday I was standing in my bathroom taking one last belly shot before heading to the hospital to deliver you, the most beautiful baby I had ever lied eyes on. I had no clue what journey I was about to embark on and it has indeed been a journey, but one I would take over and over again. I can't tell you how HAPPY you make daddy and myself...we are so in love with you and that love has only grown stronger and stronger by the day. You never cease to amaze us in all you do and words can't describe the pride we have in you. I couldn't have ever dreamed of a better child....yes you have your moments where we get frustrated and sit you in your not so favorite corner, but all and all, you're such an incredibly good boy. You are a sensitive child and this along with some "type A" traits worries your mommy, (don't want you to have an ulcer by 7), but that is just part of what makes up "you" and we love watching you turn into such a big boy. You started your "real" years of education this year as a Kindergartner and you have WOWED us in every way imaginable. You're such a smart little guy and as you always have been, you're such a sponge. I love watching you absorb everything around you and yes, we all can see those wheels spinning 24/7. I always tell you that you can do anything you put your mind too and that is so very true for you son. You have already proved that you can do anything you put your mind to and I'm so proud of you. Keep up the great work in school Lucas! Aside from all of that smart boy stuff...you have a heart of gold and I'm so grateful that at age 6, you still cuddle me every night and morning. I love your hugs and sweet kisses and how you always tell me such sweet things. You have the kindest soul and touch the lives of everyone you meet with your warmth and beautiful smile, not to mention, those big gorgeous blue eyes and dark hair. The friends you make are countless and it seems you're that kid everyone likes to be around. I have to say though, what gives your daddy and I some of our biggest smiles is how AMAZING of a big brother you are. Sam couldn't have possibly gotten a better big brother. While you do have your moments, overall, your patients, love and devotion to Sam is beyond words and to see how much Sam looks up to you, often puts tears in my eyes. That boy loves you more then anything in this world and everyday I thank God that you two have each other. Lucas baby, we LOVE you so much today and always...thank you for being the wonderful son you are. I'm wishing you a Happy Birthday and I can't wait to see what good things the next year has in store for you. I love you!!! 


No comments: